Diversity is one of the major topics at companies across healthcare these days. It is discussed at most major conferences, but is of course central to the events hosted by the healthcare businesswomen’s Association (hbA). We attended hbA’s recent Woman of the Year (WoTY) celebration, which was quite inspiring.
At the event, Healthcare Sales & Marketing kicked of a campaign that is part of an emerging topic in the industry—why we all chose to be part of this ἀeld. It was an outreach to colleagues to acknowledge what they and energizing about their careers.
Why I Work In Healthcare
Here are some of the many people who enthusiastically contributed, from Daiichi, Celgene, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Merck, Shire and numerous other companies.
We are all here to make a difference. Here is how some of the WOTY attendees expressed their goals:
- To help people live happier and healthier lives every day!
- To give back to all who need our help.
- To maximize the quality of patients’ lives.
- To push the boundaries of science to help people and animals.
- Because each one of us is a patient.
- To make healthcare work as it should.
- To help providers improve the quality of care.
- To speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
- To eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
- To reduce the burdens and complications of chronic conditions.
- To continue to find cures that will make the world a better place.